Saturday, August 5, 2017

What We Learned From Tesla's Earnings Announcement: Almost Nothing

      I was hopeful to gain insight into Tesla's fair value from the company's earnings announcement.  No such luck.  The value is still based on speculative growth options whose value depends more on sentiment than hard analysis.  The big questions remain unanswered.  Do a vast number of Americans really want an all electric sedan?  What price are they willing to pay for it?  Can Tesla profitably produce the cars at that price?  If so, will it cannabalize the Model S?  What are the cash flow implications for building, servicing and powering all those cars if the Model 3 is a success?  None of these questions were answered.  What's worse it looks like it will be six months, at least, until we start to learn the answers.

      In the meantime, there were some curious financial details associated with the announcement and the manner in which Tesla "beat" the streets earnings forecast.  Those will be addressed in an upcoming post.

3 comments:

housing finance said...

My name is Raina Ping from dubia, I contacted Mr Osman Loan company for a business loan amount of S$200,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to

my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I

I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email
housingfinance22@gmail.com
Contact us on whatspp +447513195409
Mr Osman Ibrahim

Chloe Raymond said...

Hi everyone, i am Chloe Raymond am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM or Call/Text +1(803) 373-2162

Abubakar said...


NEED LOAN URGENTLY, CONTACT US TODAY FOR MORE DETAILS.
Are you looking for a loan to clear off your dept and start up your own Business? have you being going all over yet not able to get a legit loan Company that will loan you? Here is your final solution, We can give you any amount you need provided you are going to pay back within the period of time given without any problem. Apply now and contact us for more details via email below: abubakarloanservice@gmail.com